Horrible Food, Bo Ho Jia, 不好吃,goût horrible

Wednesday, August 15, 2007

What the fish

There are time where a food establishment go forth and conquer new frontier....

But today I found 1 that they should not.

I met my wife for dinner before my first driving lesson.

We decided that we will pay Delifrance in Lot 1 a visit.

I wanted to order the Tuna but it was out of stock....

I got the swordfish instead and my wife felt that its a very bad idea considering that seafood was never their forte.

After some time, this was served



Now, grilled fish is not something that came with spectacular taste or texture. But what came out can only be describe as bland.....mind numbingly bland...That gets me to get the accompanying sauce. I was expecting a spicy laksa sauce but what came through was a light, undistinguished paste which tasted rather weird.

In my so many years eating laksa, I have never come across a light purplish laksa... makes me doubt if this is laksa from France (never heard of) or Mars (Maybe...never tasted it before)

This chef's recommendation has 1 signature characteristics, bland. The sword fish, mashed potato, veggies.....are all bland...I guess the chef ants to recommend this to all the patients out there.....

And I held on to what I put in the suggestion... The chef recommending this to anyone other than a warded patient should be either warded or shot.

Another big no-no which they done was to serve my coffee even before the soup....
I am worried that, as a French -themed establishment, they will really get a very angry Frenchmen giving them a piece of their mind..... Remember, you serve the coffee after the main course, with or after the desert. Not before.

But the redeeming points are that, The lobster Brisque is of acceptable standard and the bread dish which my wife ordered was decent...And from what I heard, the desert is rather acceptable standard as well.

If the have kept to their core business as a Bristro, they are setting the standard there....but as a restaurant, they still have some distance before reaching the standard.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.